- About Us
Your Trusted Local Home Care Provider
Fast action is vital if you suspect a senior loved one is having a stroke. Knowing the signs and responding appropriately can minimize the damage from a stroke and increase the chances of a smooth recovery. Redondo Beach, CA, post-stroke care experts discuss the signs you need to look for and the steps to take if your loved one has a stroke.
1. Weakness or numbness, especially on only one side of the body, may occur in the legs, arms, or face.
2. Confusion, difficulty speaking, and an inability to understand others are common signs. Speech may be slurred, and your loved one may not realize he or she is speaking oddly.
3. Your loved one may experience loss of vision or blurred vision in both eyes or on one side only.
4. Strokes often cause seniors to lose their balance and coordination, leading to difficulties with walking or standing. These symptoms may also be accompanied by dizziness.
5. An intense headache that develops suddenly may indicate a stroke.
The National Stroke Foundation recommends using the FAST test, a quick and simple mnemonic that can help you remember the signs you need to watch for and the next steps to take.
Following a stroke, seniors need specialized in-home care. The dedicated caregivers at Home Care Assistance can provide the support your loved one needs during recovery and beyond. Our caregivers can assist with mobility, provide transportation to medical appointments, and help with a wide array of everyday tasks. For more information on the elder care Redondo Beach families rely on, call one of our experienced Care Managers at (310) 504-0506 to schedule a free in-home consultation.